Physical Therapists, Adi Zion and Michael Martin, approach the restoration of a patient's function using manual one-on-one therapy. We will compliment this with other restorative techniques including the most current and innovative treatments available today. All therapists are New York State Licensed.
Our Mission at the Physical Therapy Experience Is to Help Patients Get Back Into Motion. We achieve this by helping our patients reach their highest possible rehabilitation potential by providing quality care through Physical Therapy.
What is our Approach?
At The Physical Therapy Experience, our primary goal is to provide personalized care to our patients. As a privately owned practice, we take pride in our patient care and provide services from the elementary age and beyond. An injury or debilitating condition can lead to pain and decreased function. We are dedicated to seeking out the cause of such problems and providing one-on-one solutions. With our unique approach and more than 20 years' experience, we work together with our patients to eliminate symptoms associated with their diagnoses.
How are we Different?
Physical Therapy Practices offer many standard treatments including machines and independent exercise programs. At the Physical Therapy Experience, we blend science with inspiration to help our patients understand the body so long term goals and health benefits can be achieved. We provide a quality care approach and offer effective and innovative treatments to get our patients back in motion and back to health. Our professional staff is dedicated to giving personalized care with an emphasis on hands-on therapy, in a relaxing friendly atmosphere.
What can I expect From Physical Therapy Near St. James?
Every patient receives a comprehensive evaluation to seek out the causes of their physical ailments. Subsequently, appropriate treatments are administered in order to decrease pain, promote healing and restore function. These treatments may include but are not limited to: Massage, Myofascial Release, Joint Mobilization, Manual and Self Stretching, Strain/Counterstrain, Manual Traction, Muscle Re-education, Muscle Energy Techniques, Postural Training, Gait Training, Balance Training, Kinesiotaping, Sports Taping, Endurance Training, Therapeutic Exercise, Moist Heat/Ice, Various Electric Stimulation, Iontophoresis, Ultrasound, Paraffin and Trigger Point Therapy.
What Should I wear for Physical Therapy?
*Please wear comfortable and athletic clothing for the Evaluation and subsequent Treatments. Sneakers or comfortable shoes are preferred.
Can Physical Therapy Improve Your Athleticism?
Most athletes commonly believe that they should only visit a physical therapist if they require treatment for pain relief or a sports-related injury. What might surprise you is that physical therapists not only treat injuries, but they prevent them from occurring as well. By visiting a physical therapist you will begin improving upon your athleticism. Physical therapy can help you improve your strength, flexibility, and balance through a wide range of exercises and training techniques. If you are thinking about getting physical therapy near Lake Grove to improve your athleticism, contact The Physical Therapy Experience today.
Strength Training to Improve Athleticism
Everyone’s body is unique in its own way. Exercises that might improve your strength could be ineffective for someone else. Physical therapists are experts at creating an exercise routine that works just for you. Before they can help you heal from injuries, they need to understand what parts of your body are susceptible to injury. Because of this, physical therapists monitor your strengths and weaknesses, allowing them to make a fitness plan to improve your athleticism. Here are some ways physical therapy near Lake Grove can help improve your athleticism:
- Improves Mobility/Flexibility: To be a skilled athlete, you need to be able to move your body continuously during a game or activity. However, it’s hard to play to the best of your ability if your muscles and joints are stiff. Through several exercise routines, physical therapists can improve your flexibility and mobility, allowing your body to prepare for athletic activities. This is one of the primary reasons why athletes are told to stretch before a game!
- Aerobic/Anaerobic Exercise: Physical therapists recommend aerobic and anaerobic exercises to athletes because they stimulate the heart, lungs, and muscles. These exercises improve fitness, which enhances your athletic performance. Some examples of these exercises are running, swimming, hiking, walking, dancing, jumping rope, and spin classes.
- Alternating Exercise Routines: One of the best things about physical therapy exercises is that they change frequently. If you do the same exercises over and over again, your muscles become conditioned to a set routine. Alternating your exercise routine builds new muscle and protects you from overuse injuries.
- Building Endurance: Overtime, visiting a physical therapist can help you build your endurance. Physical therapy can help you improve your athleticism when you consistently work towards improving your muscles and strength.
At The Physical Therapy Experience, we are staffed with licensed professionals who are equipped to treat patients with the help of physical therapy near Lake Grove. Our team of caring, helpful, experienced doctors help to strengthen the injured area and allow patients to continue living a comfortable, healthy lifestyle. For more information and to set an appointment at our office, visit our website or call our Smithtown office, which is (631) 724-5788 or our Oceanside office, which is (516) 208-6266.
When people think of physical therapy, they tend to associate it with sports recuperation or sports-related injury treatment. However, physical therapy has just the same life-improving benefits for senior citizens as well! Whether you’ve injured an extremity, pulled a muscle, recently had surgery, or are simply looking to improve your overall well-being, physical therapy is a great tool to help seniors stay mobile, healthy, and happy. For this treatment, please call The Physical Therapy Experience.
Why Is Physical Therapy Important?
Unfortunately, as we age, our bodies undergo natural wear-and-tear that may make everyday activities harder to perform or cause a higher risk for injuries. Seeking physical therapy near St. James at The Physical Therapy Experience is a great way to help prevent injuries and improve your quality of life.
With the help of a physical therapist, seniors can look forward to the following treatment benefits:
- Fall prevention: With age comes a greater risk of falling. With physical therapy near St. James, our doctors will work with patients one-on-one to improve gait and other techniques to help reduce the risk of falling.
- Improved flexibility: With improved flexibility comes a greater range of motion and potential reduction of pain.
- Reduced joint pain: Physical therapy can help to alleviate the chronic pain that comes from arthritis and other joint conditions.
- Maximized independence: With improved balance and flexibility, you’ll be able to perform daily activities with less assistance needed!
Types of Physical Therapy Offered at The Physical Therapy Experience:
At The Physical Therapy Experience, we offer a wide range of treatments for senior citizens to help get you back to doing the everyday things you love:
Geriatric Therapy: Geriatric therapy and rehabilitation are practices that are specifically catered to the elderly. Conditions treated include arthritis, osteoporosis, joint replacements, chronic pain disorders, and balance disorders.
Orthopedic: This therapy is focused on the musculoskeletal system, addressing issues with joint and ligament pain, and muscles, bones, and tendons.
Neurological: Yes, physical therapy near St. James with PTE can even assist seniors dealing with neurological conditions such as ALS, Parkinson's, Alzheimers, or brain injuries! For more information on how we can help, please call one of our two locations.
Balance Disorders: Disorders that tend to affect seniors including vertigo and dizziness that can be treated with gait analysis and flexibility improvements. These therapies can be critical for fall prevention
Joint Replacement: Whether you need a joint replacement or are recovering from one, our professionals can help ensure that you heal properly and restore your range of motion.
Neck, Back, Arthritis. and Chronic Pain: Our therapists will assess you individually to create a treatment plan specific to your pain areas to help reduce your discomfort long-term.
Physical Therapy near St. James for Seniors
If you or a loved one are suffering from any of the aforementioned conditions, don’t wait! The Physical Therapy Experience is staffed with professional doctors who can help improve your quality of life. Visit our website to learn more about the various treatments we offer and make an appointment today!