● Vertigo- A symptom of various other conditions, and not directly related to the issue causing balancing complications in itself, but the dizzying rotation of one’s field of vision can cause incredibly difficulty in maintaining balance. Vertigo can come from all the conditions listed below, but sometimes it can be a bewildering presence in an otherwise healthy individual.
● Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)- Occurs when the calcium crystals inside of your inner ear become disturbed or dislodged further into the inner ear.
● Head Injury - Concussions and blows to the head are a surefire way to misalign your balance.
● Labyrinthitis - An inflammation of the inner ear caused by a viral infection.
● Vestibular neuronitis - Similar to Labyrinthitis, but can occur in the vestibular nerve.
How Physical Therapy Can Help: You must consider the wide range of the various causes for balance issues, proper diagnosis, and treatment is necessary to ensure prompt recovery. Our physical therapy near Kings Park will help to custom fit a plan that matches you based on your condition, cause, and which exercises are deemed the most effective. It may be necessary to alleviate some of your balance issues before your appointment with The Physical Therapy Experience. Vestibular rehabilitation, otherwise known as balance retraining, will most likely be included in your recovery plan with our physical therapy near Kings Park.
Additionally, this brief canalith repositioning procedure might help relieve the sudden symptoms of a vertigo attack or balance issue should it strike at an inconvenient time. The goal of physical therapy about balance is to determine the cause and work against it. For issues including vertigo, we offer several treatments to alleviate the duration and strength of your dizziness, intending to be the complete elimination of the problem at hand. For issues including head injuries and other more physical based balance issues, our comprehensive balance retraining programs will get you back on your feet and walking normally again.
Contact our skilled Physical Therapy near Kings Park, to see your treatment options and work out a plan that's best for you. With physical therapy, you will be able to alleviate and eliminate balance complications through your intensive program.