- Strengthening and movement exercises - by engaging your body in different exercises, you will improve your short-term strength and endurance. This will also help reduce your pain. A physical therapist will identify the best movements and exercises to help you reduce some specific symptoms.
- Manual therapy - it is highly likely your therapist will use hands-on therapy on you. This will help mobilize and manipulate your skin, soft tissues, and bones. By doing this, your motion range will improve and also reduce the pain that you might be experiencing.
- Education - An experienced physical therapist is aware of strategies and ways to conserve your energy while you are performing your day to day activities. These methods should help in relieving the overall fatigue and also making things easier for you.
Benefits of Physical Therapy in People Who Suffer from CFS
It is important to note that The Physical Therapy Experience treats those with CFS, as well as other conditions. Some of the following are benefits physical therapy offers for those with CFS:
- It reduces pain - as we have noted, pain is a common symptom found in people who deal with CFS. The cost of painkillers can really add up over time. Painkillers also pose an addiction threat. By using therapeutic exercises, our physical therapist in Oceanside will help your muscles function properly and hence eliminate pain.
- It shortens recovery time - Without exercise, your injured muscles will become stiff and hence take longer to heal. Physical therapy will provide the much-needed exercise and movements that your body needs.
Other benefits include:
- Improve motion range.
- Improve overall health.
- Help you regain your body capabilities.
At The Physical Therapy Experience, one of our talented physical therapists in Oceanside can give you the treatment you need and get you past the trouble you may be experiencing with CFS. If you’d like to make an appointment, contact us today!